Founder of Bob Chrismas Consulting Inc., Bob has over 35 years of public service experience in three levels of government, the last 31 years with the Winnipeg Police Service. He holds a PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies (University of Manitoba, 2017), and Masters Degree in Public Administration U.Winnipeg and U.Manitoba, 2009, with distinction). Bob has authored numerous publications on justice related issues, including his book, Canadian Policing in the 21st Century: A Frontline Officer on Challenges and Changes (2013, McGill-Queen’s University Press), which has been used as a textbook on police leadership across Canada and abroad. His second book, Sex Industry Slavery: Protecting Canada’s Youth (University of Toronto Press,2020) is based on his dissertation, and offers strategies to disrupt sex trafficking in Canada. Bob is an advocate for social justice, regularly volunteering his time on several volunteer non-profit Boards and offering his services in the community. He brings a fresh perspective to governance and has skills in community engagement, collective impact, conflict transformation, environmental scanning, change management, governance, policy analysis and writing. Bob is available for editing, writing, teaching, speaking and for free estimates on consulting work.
- Talk on writing, July 14th, 2022 April 16, 2022
- Spotlighted by the Manitoba Writer’s Guild April 10, 2022
- Discussion with the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth March 31, 2022
- City News interview 25 January, 2022, on The River of Tears January 25, 2022
- Endorsement in the Journal of Community Safety and Wellbeing January 15, 2022