Reflecting on Canada Day and the freedoms we enjoy, and how people sacrificed for them. My mother Violet describes how her father left for war when she was 10 years old, and she and her sister and mother did not see him for six years, until the end of the war. Even with advanced memory loss, Violet remembers it clearly. It is interesting as well to hear Barb’s parents accounts of living in Germany as teens during the World War and having the same experiences, loss of family, food rations, fear of the unknown and all that comes with war.
LINKS to my stuff. SEARCH button- top right
- Experiential Voices National Knowledge Gathering on Sexual Exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Privacy wall
- Policing in the 21st Century
- Not Perfect
- Indigenous Unity Gathering for Youth
- Violence: Analysis, Intervention and Prevention
- New book chapter: Raising Voices….
- Do you have an academic side hustle?