Anyone who has ever felt a tinge of loneliness (which is most of us), knows it is not a nice feeling. It is a danger that many face, in particular as we become elderly and have less family around. Below is a segment from a radio show in Newfoundland, in which a lady describes how she practices going out of her way to connect and smile with folks, especially the elderly. It can help people and feels good to do. I believe in Canada, we are generally pretty good at being polite and engaging, and looking after each other, but this is a nice reminder that we can be compassionate and make someone feel better, and feel better ourselves, wth the simple act of a smile.
LINKS to my stuff. SEARCH button- top right
- Experiential Voices National Knowledge Gathering on Sexual Exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Privacy wall
- Policing in the 21st Century
- Not Perfect
- Indigenous Unity Gathering for Youth
- Violence: Analysis, Intervention and Prevention
- New book chapter: Raising Voices….
- Do you have an academic side hustle?